What happens once I have submitted my housing register application and additional information?
Your circumstances will be assessed individually once we receive everything we need from you. We will write to you to confirm the outcome of your application. If you have applied online you will already have your six digit login reference and have set up your memorable date. If you did not register online your login reference and memorable date will be confirmed in your letter. You will need to change your memorable date when you login to your account for the first time.
Once your application is active you can then start to bid for properties you are eligible for.
What type of property can I be considered for?
To make best use of homes you may be restricted to certain types of accommodation depending on your household.
These are some examples:
- Bungalows will initially be given to applicants over 50 years old and to disabled customers with appropriate occupational therapist recommendations where adapted
- Adapted properties will be advertised with priority to applicants assessed by an occupational therapist as requiring the adaptations already carried out to the property
If there is no interest in a property with a minimum age limit, a decision will be made by the landlord whether to lower the age limit and re-advertise.
If a property is age designated and the age limit has been lowered below 60 then priority will be given in the first instance to:
- Applicants over 60 in priority band order
- Remaining applicants in reverse age order starting with the oldest applicant
- This excludes applicants in the general band who will be considered after all other applicants including those on the transfer list
When are the properties advertised and how do I bid?
Properties may be added Monday to Friday and are advertised for 5 days. There is no limit to the number of bids you can place and you may also remove bids. The time that you place your bid over the five days does not affect your final queue position in the bidding shortlist for a property.
Please only bid on properties you are interested in and use the days during the bidding cycle to research the area to make sure that if you were offered the proprty you would consider it. If you are found to unreasonably refuse properties your band may be reviewed and your application could be closed.
You will only be eligible for properties that are suitable for the size of your family.